So, here's the low-down: since going vegetarian in June 2008 and vegan in March 2009 I've become much healthier and much more eco-conscious. That means...
- Method and Mrs. Meyer's intead of toxic cleaning products
- CFL lightbulbs (until the LEDs are readily available), instead of incandescents
- 2 Toyota Prius cars in our garage
- Leather-free Rocket Dogs and Madden Girls on my feet
- Leather purses on the shelf awaiting donation
- Suede fringe jacket from Denver donated to Salvation Army
- Low-carb cookbooks given away and Vegan with a Vengeance, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, Vegan Soul Kitchen, etc. in their place
- PETA t-shirts on my body
- In my fridge: MimicCreme, Earth Balance, Tofutti cream cheese, Follow Your Heart Vegenaise and vegan sour cream, Galaxy vegan grated Parmesan cheese, flaxseed meal , Bolthouse Farms Soy Vanilla Chai, vegan protein powders and soy milk.
- Delicious homemade vegan Fettucine Alfredo (right) and vegan Chicken Fried Steak (from my homemade seitan) chubby cutlets on my dinner table.
- In my pantry: Nutritional yeast, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, Ener-G Egg Replacer, Uncle Sam cereal, Marmite, Road's End Mac 'N Chreese, Florida Crystals (instead of bone-char-whitened sugar), lots of different Bob's Red Mill bags, and much more great stuff.
See anything here you wonder about? Post a comment!